VinylHanger
Navigaret ex ironia
It is 4 am and I am starting to get motivated again. I love printing pictures and seeing them on paper. On screen is ok, but seeing them come out of the printer is better.
I have had an Epson 2200 printer for the last 3-4 years. I was gifted 2 of them by an AK'er and have always been thankful, though frustrated. It had a Lyson Cave Paint CIS system in it that was nothing but trouble. I got maybe a dozen really nice prints with it over the years. This is after buying refill ink after it would leak all over my desk, which it then did after I bought more ink. Nearly every print was dark and had a red cast to it. I would work for hours to try and get a good print, to no avail.
Anyway, I recently pulled some old OEM carts out of my other 2200 and stuck them in my main printer. These carts are probably 3 years old and have been through freezes and heat waves in the shed. Tonight my wife needed some pictures to fill some frames, so I printed out a few to try and see if it was going to work.
From the get go, perfect pictures. No problem. Whatever was on my screen was how it printed. I adjusted my screen to a large format print I printed and after that it was a matter of small corrections that actually ended up on the paper.
The thing that amazed me was that I was able to print directly out of FastStone Image Viewer. I tried it because I just wanted some snapshots and I had it open. I love this program. It is pretty much perfect.
I can edit Canon Raw files, in the crop box I can put up a rule of thirds grid and then it gives me a reference as to how much quality I am losing by cropping. Then I can adjust colors and sharpness by the mouse wheel. Is it an end all be all Raw editor, not at all. But for working good shots to do quick prints and even some decent art prints, it is great. It works great with the Epson driver software. What I like about it is that it is very predictable.
It is a great little intuitive photo program that actually took the place of Photoshop tonight and I didn't miss it at all. It is a lot bigger than it's humble looks would let you think, besides, I like it as a viewer better than pretty much anything else out there, maybe even Lightroom.
Anyway, that is my 4 am rambling post for the night.
I have had an Epson 2200 printer for the last 3-4 years. I was gifted 2 of them by an AK'er and have always been thankful, though frustrated. It had a Lyson Cave Paint CIS system in it that was nothing but trouble. I got maybe a dozen really nice prints with it over the years. This is after buying refill ink after it would leak all over my desk, which it then did after I bought more ink. Nearly every print was dark and had a red cast to it. I would work for hours to try and get a good print, to no avail.
Anyway, I recently pulled some old OEM carts out of my other 2200 and stuck them in my main printer. These carts are probably 3 years old and have been through freezes and heat waves in the shed. Tonight my wife needed some pictures to fill some frames, so I printed out a few to try and see if it was going to work.
From the get go, perfect pictures. No problem. Whatever was on my screen was how it printed. I adjusted my screen to a large format print I printed and after that it was a matter of small corrections that actually ended up on the paper.
The thing that amazed me was that I was able to print directly out of FastStone Image Viewer. I tried it because I just wanted some snapshots and I had it open. I love this program. It is pretty much perfect.
I can edit Canon Raw files, in the crop box I can put up a rule of thirds grid and then it gives me a reference as to how much quality I am losing by cropping. Then I can adjust colors and sharpness by the mouse wheel. Is it an end all be all Raw editor, not at all. But for working good shots to do quick prints and even some decent art prints, it is great. It works great with the Epson driver software. What I like about it is that it is very predictable.
It is a great little intuitive photo program that actually took the place of Photoshop tonight and I didn't miss it at all. It is a lot bigger than it's humble looks would let you think, besides, I like it as a viewer better than pretty much anything else out there, maybe even Lightroom.
Anyway, that is my 4 am rambling post for the night.