• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A great Turntable stand with Record Storage.

It is a very close fit. The house was built in 1971. The addition that was added on to the house and created that space next to the exterior chimney is just a few years old. The cabinet predates it by a little bit. It was built in 1919.
 
Here is my completed silverware chest stereo stand. Later I'll get some pics of my console stereo converted into a record cabinet.

20170506_190501.jpg

20170506_190526.jpg
 
There was an electrical transmission line engineer I knew years ago he had a ceramic insulator stand off which he converted into a turntable stand. What he had was white porcelain with attachment fixtures top and bottom he had a polished black granite top, a tombstone I believe, the turntable sat on. This thing weighed a couple of 100 pounds. Below is as close a picture of what he used that I could find.
search


IMG_0792.JPG
 
How about one of these Lane furniture record cabinets? Got this one at the SA about a month ago. My friend picked one up this past weekend on CL, so they are around. The thing is rock solid and totally stable with the front pulled down. Only downside is that you can't really open it with a record playing, it skips when you do.


Lane made a ton of record cabinets from the 1940s through the 1970s. They came in many different styles, but are all similar in design and hold about 140 albums each. I have two:

Downstairs_Stereo_1_zpsbgqc5hql.jpg


And yes, when loaded with albums, they are dead solid.
 
Here's my converted console.

The cabinet was already empty when I scored it. The front was just one large panel covered in fabric. I put a new bottom in it and some plywood dividers, and did a little on the outside to refinish it. It holds close to 200 records.

Not the best pic...

20170506_224648.jpg
 
Now that I have reached an age of some seniority and wisdom my LPs are stored at least 3 feet from the floor where I can reach and read them without groaning.
 
Back
Top Bottom