• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A Letter To A Friend...

trhee

ㅇtㅈyㅅr
I just found out that you passed away this weekend... on a Saturday.
The first time around you fought it into remission, a scar left as a reminder.
This time, it caught you by surprise, as it did for all those around you.
It engulfed you with a determination that even you could not defeat.

You didn't call on me in time of need, for you thought that I would take pity.
You should have known that it wasn't pity I wanted to give you. Only love and strength.

As someone who has never dealt with the loss of a friend until now... it's kind of hard.
It's difficult knowing that I wasn't there for you in your final hours.
Maybe I'm selfish... for wanting to have said the things that needed to be said.
To have shared one last moment together, be it joy or sorrow or just a laugh.

Life is about learning and I have learned yet again.
A glimpse of sadness that now has new meaning... as does the word regret.

Now you're gone and it's too late.
Hopefully, somehow... I hope you hear these words.
It's hard knowing you're not around.
It's even harder knowing there were no goodbyes said.

Someday, I'm sure we'll meet again. Until then you will be missed.
Goodbye my friend and rest in peace.

TR
01.23.2016

25189871766_05884afe26_c.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Your friend will live in your heart as long as you will remember him. Actually there is nothing more difficult in life than to let go a family member or a friend. Thank you for sharing, I hope that our community is a little bit helpful in order to ease your pain, your grief a bit.

Christoph
 
I saw both my mother and father die before my eyes in the hospital. Nearly killed me.

Let your love of life and music fill the void, as I have. You have both.
 
Sorry about your loss tr. I bet your friend was trying to spare you some pain. It's hard no matter what though. I hope you are okay and ever so slowly doing better each new day.
 
So sorry to hear about your friend. I will say a prayer for you both. As I have heard from so many in a time of loss try and remember your friend and the good times you had.
 
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you both had a true and caring relationship. From experience - time does heal.
 
My deepest condolences to you, on your loss. Trust that both of you had words unsaid, when your friend left this world. Words of love, and strength, and thanks.

One day, you will get your chance to say them. Until then, he lives on, in your heart.
 
I have no words, trhee. And I'm not sure which is you in that pic, but you both look very happy.
I watched Dad draw his last breath not quite a year ago, and I closed his eyes (which opened at the end). I'm still dealing with it, but the fine folks here have made it far easier.
You are not alone, and we are wishing good things for you.
 
So sorry to hear your news. Sounds like you two had a good relationship. When you think of him let a smile come to your face.
 
trhee- sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. He looked so young in the picture! Remember the good times!
 
Beautiful thoughts put into words. I'm sure your friend received your message.Thanks for expressing your sorrow here and know that my heart, my thoughts and my prayers go out to you. May your friend rest in peace.
 
Heartfelt condolences on the loss of your friend, Thomas. Healing vibes winging their way across the vast Pacific from California, friend.
 
Back
Top Bottom