• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A little help?

Petrodad

New Member
I need a little help... So I hooked up my ampzilla after sitting for a few years... I let it warm up about 5 min and put some low volume to it, turned it up a little more and poof! . It worked for about 5 seconds then stopped... No meter movement, no sound? All fuses are good at the amp and the speakers.... Any ideas?
Thanks Craig
 
Register to hide this ad
No...just stopped producing sound. Ok so I replaced the fuses, one was bad, and now it only puts sound out of left channel . Switched speaker leads and preamp leads etc, and the amp definitely is not producing anything from right channel... Put my son of ampzilla back in lineup and all is good.... The Ampzilla seems to have a wounded right channel for sure.....
 
Do not trust a visual inspection of any fuse, always use a meter.

Over the years I have seen more than one fuse that looked good but tested bad.
 
Back
Top Bottom