• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A neat little toy I picked up on the Bay...

I need to buy one and bypass the switching features. Just run it as a 1-in/4-at-once-out. As it stands now I have too many damn Y splitters going on.
 
I see there is a "dark" and "light" version available. What does this mean? Is it the brightness of the back light?
I see these 3 sentences in the parameters area of the ad.
Working current: 0.5A (dark version) / 1.5A (light version)
Voltage of backlight filament: DC / AC 6-12V
Current of backlight filament: 10mA (dark version) / 100mA (light version)
thank you
 
I see there is a "dark" and "light" version available. What does this mean? Is it the brightness of the back light?
I see these 3 sentences in the parameters area of the ad.
Working current: 0.5A (dark version) / 1.5A (light version)
Voltage of backlight filament: DC / AC 6-12V
Current of backlight filament: 10mA (dark version) / 100mA (light version)
thank you
The dark one has a darker meter backface.
654F8ACC-35C0-4D1A-82EF-499BE42BDE2E.jpeg
 
I see there is a "dark" and "light" version available. What does this mean? Is it the brightness of the back light?
I see these 3 sentences in the parameters area of the ad.
Working current: 0.5A (dark version) / 1.5A (light version)
Voltage of backlight filament: DC / AC 6-12V
Current of backlight filament: 10mA (dark version) / 100mA (light version)
thank you

The dark version can be seen in post #16.
 
You're welcome. I was leaning towards the dark version based on pics alone, but after watching the review(with dark version) am now thinking the light version.
 
I'm thinking the light version also.
It's nice to hear the case is actually metal instead of plastic.
I do wish the needles were a little brighter.
 
You're welcome. I was leaning towards the dark version based on pics alone, but after watching the review(with dark version) am now thinking the light version.
My take on it is you can't go wrong with either.

The light version is for those who want the 70's look (which is why I went with it - reminds me of Teac, Akai, and Pioneer meters from that decade), and the dark version is more of an 80's analog meter look to me (reminds me of some Technics and Dual gear (particularly the c844) from the early 80's).
 
Back
Top Bottom