• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A Nice Little Find!

dc270

Now Off the Reservation
Did some trading around recently and came across these little gems. Appear to have nice 6" cast frame Eaton honey comb mid woofers, .75" Seas tweeres and -12db/oct networks with durable .75" mdf cabs with a faux marble veneer. They can take power quite well ande the sound is deceptively good!

The woofers are bolted through with 8 T-nuts wach so somebody was serious about mounting their drivers!

Thought the good folks here would enjoy seeing some custom built small stuff for a change! I am using them with my Yammie B-2 & SA7500 preamp combo- make for a very nice sound-the bass is respectable from these and the top end is very smooth & open.
DC
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Now even your speakers can blend in with your kitchen countertop! :p:

Glad they sound good - those woofers look like they were put in there in a Discount Tire shop rather than a DIY project.
 
The roll off sounds about in the 50 hz range- that little port can sure throw out the low end! Most amazing was the high end however- it was quite soft & open sounding, loads of detail, well constructed & designed. Guess I'll make a couple grill covers and keep them around a while. It's been a long time since I heard a small speaker this good- a pleasant surprize!
DC
 
The roll off sounds about in the 50 hz range- that little port can sure throw out the low end! Most amazing was the high end however- it was quite soft & open sounding, loads of detail, well constructed & designed. Guess I'll make a couple grill covers and keep them around a while. It's been a long time since I heard a small speaker this good- a pleasant surprize!
DC

Those tweeters absolutely sing with a well designed crossover - I've used them at 4500 Hz, 12 dB/oct with very enjoyable results.

Look like a fine DIY setup - enjoy! :music:
 
I think I figured the marble thing out, it is floor tile that somebody cut down for veneer! Rather creative I think.

I too agree- that tweeter really makes the sound these offer. Super detailed, very smooth. I would be interested to know what other designs might have used this tweeter!
DC
 
Back
Top Bottom