• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A&R A60 Amplifier

Hello,, been a while...
Forgto about the offset, it was just myself being perfeccionist.
Now i got the matching T21 tuner... YEAH!
Has anyone had experience with this?
REcaping, will do so.. but any advise for some alignment?
Anyone has the complete service manual? COngratz
 
ZS, thanks for the information. I don't have an A60, but your mention of Arcam amp + Mission speakers made me decide to share. I have an Arcam Delta 60 in my main system, mated to a pair of Mission Model 70 speakers. I find them to be very musical, and the Arcam has quite a way with dynamics. Your photo of the innards show some likeness to my amp's innards. Yours has the power transformer bolted to the chassis, but mine has it attached to the motherboard, which makes the transformer the only handle whcih is safe to use when having the board out, otherwise the weight of it could crack the board. Your design is better, except you have to desolder the wires to pull the board, ah well... My Arcam, like your A&R, has a very small heat sink, but it seems to do the job. Mine has just the volume pot, which also serves for R/L balance. It has been a problem area, now fixed. The Delta has RCA's, which are handier than DIN's. The phono section is very, very good - is yours? Overall, I'm very happy with it.
 
Hi Laz,

Nice... hope more people share their experience with this kind of setup.
Now im with A&R A60 T21 tuner, sony cdp, and mission 750LE rosewood... nice.
I dnt use the phono, im on CD's.
but people seem to give great review to the phono amp.
Love this little amp, very musical, very detailed and warm... British.

im seeking advise on what to do on the T21 tuner.
 
Just been reading through this thread and thought I'd share my love of the A60 too.

I bought mine 30 years ago in 1982, after listening to one in a local dealer, coupled to a Heybrook TT2 turntable and a pair of Heybrook HB2 speakers.

I knew I was buying good quality British gear, but little did I think I would still be using it 30 years on!

The only issues I've had with the A60 was a fault in one of the output transistors causing a speaker fuse to blow, which was fixed under warranty, by the then A&R. And the scratchy slightly 'off balance' volume control.
I replaced the volume pot myself about 3 weeks ago with and ALPS blue pot
which has cured that issue. Other than that the Amp is all original.

I've seen articles on the net describing cap replacements but don't have the nerve to actually do it in case I wreck my baby!

Over the years I have considered upgrading the A60, but have become so attached to it that it would have to be torn out of my clutches before I give it up. It's still my main system, I've still got the TT2 which is also working perfectly. The Heybrook speakers have been replaced with some Mordaunt Shorts and I've gone through about 3 cd players, but my current Cd player is now 20 years old. A nice sounding Rotel.

I also bought a matching T21 tuner about a year after the A60, it doesn't get that much use these days, but is still a lovely sounding bit of kit, and stacked with the A60 looks nice, and genuine retro!

Only real downside is the lack of a remote control or am I just being lazy!

I often wonder if I can get better sound with new equipment, and I dare say I can, but I just couldn't bear to part with my teak clad little beauty.:music:
 
Back
Top Bottom