• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A.R. Acoustic Amp?

TOO LOUD???

Well-Known Member
Does anyone have any experience with these, I picked up a A.R. Acoustic Pro Verb 65 watt from the thirft store it has a bad LM3886TF which is no problem but I can't find any info at all about this unit. The boards are all marked "Andy Ross Acoustic" and it says made in USA by A.R. Music Corp. I'd like to find a owners manual for it at least but can find nothing on the web but a few of them for sale for around $250 bucks I paid $10.
 
Register to hide this ad
They are good sounding acoustic guitar amps. It has coaxial speakers does it not? A high-end guitar shop (now defunct) here in Little Rock used to carry them. I think they were around $400 or so.
 
It has two 8" coaxials in it. Turns out it wasn't the chip amp, when they designed it they made use of the chips built in mute function, shuts down the amp until you plug something into the input jack ,cruddy contacts in the 1/4" phone jack wouldn't let it come out of mute. Cleaned them up and it works perfect sounds really good and dead silent no hiss whatsoever. It's a really clean and straight forward design 3 boards (level control, input/effects with a reverb brick in the bottom of the case, power supply/amp output module). Still like to find a manual for it.
 
Back
Top Bottom