• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A Sub App problem using a Tube amp?

Slider11111

New Member
I have an SVS 4000 Sub connected to a Wilsenton R8 Tube Amp with no Sub out. Out of the Amp I used a Speaker to RCA Out converter to connect the Sub using RCA jacks. The Sub works fine but I have No Control over it using the App? When I connected the Sub useing the Sub out of my Node everything in the App worked. Also I currently have a Trgger wire connected to my Node for the Sub but it doesn't do anything?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have an SVS 4000 Sub..The Sub works fine but I have No Control over it using the App?

I'm assuming you mean "SVS SB-4000" or "SVS PC-4000"?

If so why not go straight to the source and contact SVS CS directly. They have a pretty robust site that seems very informative & helpful


I'm assuming that you also went through the owners manual?

If not here's there documents page

 
Yes nothing in it about connecting a Speaker wire to RCA converter. I even called SVS twice and they recommended setting it up this way. I thought maybe the app wasn't connected to the Amp but they had me go into the App and it was.
 
with the line level converter disconnected, does the app work?
Does the line level converter have a volume/gain control?
Why not use a 2-way crossover between the pre-amp and the amp?
 
Last edited:
I am not using a pre amp. Only the Tube Amp. If I only use the Sub out on my Node everything in the App works. Yes the converter has two Gain controls. I have this one.

Scosche LOC80 Line Output Converter Adjustable Amplifier Add On Module for Car Stereo, 2-Channel Speaker Wire to RCA Adapter​

 
Your SVS sub should care less where the RCA line level signal is coming from with respect to using the SVS app. You are talking about the SVS app, right?? The Bluesound Node app won't control the sub if it is not connected to it via its sub out connection.
 
(Should bought a sub with high level connections.) High End Subs don't have that type of Connection.
Incorrect. Fro example, REL's top of the line Reference Series No. 31 and No. 32 both have speaker (high) level connections (via a Speakon connector). Many of the subs lower in their line also include speaker (high) level connections.

 
I sent SVS an E-mail today and they recommeneded I try one of these. Russound ADP-1-2 Speaker =-Level to Line-Level Adapter. I ordered one It will be here in a couple days.

​

 
Back
Top Bottom