• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A sx-636 with the cones on, no sound

Reyhifi

Well-Known Member
Looked a bit rough, but local and for beer money I went for it, have to save some. Anyway I get it, open it up, blown fuse. New fuse and we have music. Today I decided to check it out again. Make s list of some parts, for a "restoration", so was detailing the back a bit. Took the fuse cover off, and well this is not correct.
So be careful when you get stuff like this. Very common old cars or motorcycles.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230819_175011_920.jpg
    IMG_20230819_175011_920.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 23
Register to hide this ad
Just bought a SX-535 at a flea. "A" speakers right channel had no sound. Pulled the cover and back fuse over. No blown fuses. The black ground wire is on the purple positive wire. Jumpered the grounds, I got sound. Don't know why someone would do this.

IMG_2832.JPGIMG_0001.JPG
 
Too Stupid AND TOO DAMNED LAZY to go to Home Depot/Lowes and get fuses. Same as a Reynolds Wrap condom.
 
Back
Top Bottom