• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

About to destroy phone,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

gearhound

Lunatic Member
Hello people!!
My company will change prescription drug companies, starting Jan. 1, 2008.
I called the new prescription company to get some information.
First I had to wiggle my way through their automated phone torture system.
Then after 5 minutes of that BS....I got put on hold for 20 minutes....then when I put in my new I.D. (for January 2008 mind you)....they said "I.D. not valid"....then HUNG UP!!!
I'm soooo looking forward to this new company f*cking up my life!?

Steve :tears: :nono: :thumbsdn:
 
Register to hide this ad
First thing I would do is go to the HR or Benefits Administration office and ask for any and all handbooks and/or info regarding this new provider. Tell 'em you've got questions about the coverage that you need answered before it starts. They're supposed to be there for you to smooth out these bumps.
Tom
 
Steve, This won't work for all automated systems (depends on how savvy it is), but it's worth trying if gets you to a human.

If the system is simple, press 0 and that will take you to an operator. If they've gotten wise to that, try pressing every number from 1 to 5 in quick succession. Sometimes that's enough to confuse the confounded thing enough to make it default to an operator. Getting to an actual human being doesn't always help, but it's a lot more satisfying if and when you have to start yelling. :)
 
Steve, This won't work for all automated systems (depends on how savvy it is), but it's worth trying if gets you to a human.

If the system is simple, press 0 and that will take you to an operator. If they've gotten wise to that, try pressing every number from 1 to 5 in quick succession. Sometimes that's enough to confuse the confounded thing enough to make it default to an operator. Getting to an actual human being doesn't always help, but it's a lot more satisfying if and when you have to start yelling. :)

Try attaching one of those old rotary phones to the line. That should give the system a scare....:D
 
Try attaching one of those old rotary phones to the line. That should give the system a scare....:D

:D:thmbsp:

Once you have your questions answered and are setup, I think it might be easier, quicker, less annoying to access your prescriptions/refills on a website if the new place has this. My mom is setup with Medco and I help her with her refills every couple of months, which takes a three clicks and done (renewing the prescription is an extra click, then they do the footwork to contact/fax the doctor, etc).
 
Try attaching one of those old rotary phones to the line. That should give the system a scare....:D

We've got one of those in the living room. It's a PITA when you have no touch-tone buttons to push to make any selections. :thumbsdn: Voicemail systems simply don't recognize clicks and pulses... they just go dead or hang up because there's no input from the caller.
Tom
 
While refraining from making this a political thread (as I have my own leanings), how screwed up is our medical system when this is what you have to deal with to get simple awnsers or a refill.

*grumble*.

Doctor free for 3yrs+ and still living.
 
Even worse than the "push 1 for help" systems is the damn "at the tone just say what services you require," For some reason the never understand me the first ten times till i am cursing its little electronic mother then i get hung up on
 
Back
Top Bottom