• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Acoustat MK-131''s

MK-131 Service manual

  • MK131 issues

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MK 131 Help please

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

T3X4S

New Member
Hello, I have bought a [air of Acuostat MK-131's that blow the 3amp fuse at a low volume input, I am wondering if someone could help me locate a service manual for these bad boys?

I have posted this elsewhere, please don't yell at me, I'm new here :)

Terry
 
Register to hide this ad
MK-131 is the number of the interface. It's not a model number. The MK-131 interface was used on many Acoustat speakers. The Spectra series have a slightly different interface, the MK-2123. There are also two versions of the MK-131 interface. The later versions (Medallion) are slightly different. There was a factory upgrade to the Medallion version.

The actual speaker model numbers are all derived from how many esl panels are in each speaker. For instance, Model 2's and Spectra 22's have two esl panels per side. They are generally ~22" wide. Model 1's have one panel and are ~12" wide. Model 3's are roughly 28" wide with three panels. The very tall (7'10") models are stacked versions of the shorter (5'6") models Their numbers are, 1+1, 2+2, 3+3 and even 4+4 although few of the 4+4's were sold.

The best I have ever been able to find is a schematic for the MK-2123 interface. I have a bunch of other literature from Acoustat. Let us know what model you actually have and I may have some factory info for them. A picture would be even better.
 
What both of them said and also there's an ex-Acoustat guy named Roy Esposito who continues to repair them. He's located in FL.
 
Back
Top Bottom