• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Acoustic Kabuki wall ?

krowmagnum

Compulsive speaker freak
Ok, so I got too many kabuki speakers. But can one really have too much kabuki ? Anyway, I have an unused hallway entrance to my listening room right next to the right channel speakers. So I thought I would fix the storage problem and acoustic hole with a wall-o-kabuki. :D

Kabukiwall01.jpg


I haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time listening for a difference but I figure it can't hurt. Or I could hook all of them up and EQ out everything but the low end and create a sub-wall.

After looking at the photo, maybe it's time to take down the iMac poster too...

Kabukiuki !
 
Register to hide this ad
Be sure and short the negative and positive terminals of the unused speakers. That will 'brake' the cones, and prevent them from resonating with the sound from the speakers in use. I've heard a DRAMATIC difference in a crowded sound-room at a store where I used to work... we had like 20 pairs of speakers all over a tiny sound room. Pretty much NONE of them sounded good in the bass, until I managed to work up a switcher that shorted the leads to all the pairs NOT in use. Sounded much cleaner and tighter afterward!

For this, just take a short piece of wire, and connect (+) to (-) on the input terminals of each unused speaker cabinet. Naturally, be sure to REMOVE the jumper before using them (short!)...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
I'm betting that the one little ole timeframe that you have there would have no trouble trouncing any kabuki in your wall.:yes: Hey at least you got some exercise stacking all those heavy speakers though.
 
I'm betting that the one little ole timeframe that you have there would have no trouble trouncing any kabuki in your wall.:yes: Hey at least you got some exercise stacking all those heavy speakers though.

Yup, the DCM could kick their asses. Even the little MA studio monitor next to it will walk all over everything in the room.

Now that you mention it, I wanted to put the Pioneers on top but those suckers are heavy :D

The sad thing is... I have more than that.
 
Last edited:
Nice wall of Kabuki speakers there. Surprised you don't have a Pioneer CS-88A. How does it sound?

No 88A's because I haven't run across any yet...

Nothing is hooked up but I have enough to do another wall. If I only had the room and power to push them :scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom