• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Acoustic Research Teledyne AR-70LS speakers

gurdyp

New Member
There are a pair of AR 70LS speakers for sale near me — they look in good shape. The guy is asking $200 CAD. Is that a fair price? I can’t find too much info on these speakers.

Another pair of AR B18xi speakers also for sale in my area, for $250. I can’t find any info on these speakers at all.

I know AR speakers are said to be good, but I’m wondering what they’d be worth?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I've never heard of the AR-70LS? Do you have pictures?

Around 1983, AR released the AR-78LS, a 12" 3-way, with dome mids and tweeters, for $860 a pair. To me, any of the AR 3-ways, especially with dome mids and tweeters are worth picking up. AR 12" woofers perform very well too. So, if those are what you're looking at, $200 CAD seems reasonable. But, $250 for AR-18BXi's is way too much. They were an end of the line AR-18 model, and not very good.

AR Specs

78LS
AR78LS_lf2_635x448_pixels.gif
 
I've never heard of the AR-70LS? Do you have pictures?

Around 1983, AR released the AR-78LS, a 12" 3-way, with dome mids and tweeters, for $860 a pair. To me, any of the AR 3-ways, especially with dome mids and tweeters are worth picking up. AR 12" woofers perform very well too. So, if those are what you're looking at, $200 CAD seems reasonable. But, $250 for AR-18BXi's is way too much. They were an end of the line AR-18 model, and not very good.

AR Specs

78LS
View attachment 2272440

Awesome thanks! Here’s a pic of the 70LS:

BCC7F9D7-3271-485B-81BB-0C7535AAF2A0.jpeg
 
Wow! Thanks for the picture! I've never heard of the AR-70LS. And it's a Teledyne AR too. A good size. They should produce decent bass. Those tweeters were a bit relaxed. Slightly soft and warm treble. Not bright at all. $200 doesn't seem too bad for those.

Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom