• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

acoustic suspension speakers

I am looking for a pair of AR 2ax...but if I can't find a good pair, does anyone know if any company is still manufacturing acoustic suspension speakers..I had a pair of B&W 630 and although they sound good, I still prefer the bass sound in acoustic suspension speakers like the AR's...
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I am looking for a pair of AR 2ax...but if I can't find a good pair, does anyone know if any company is still manufacturing acoustic suspension speakers..I had a pair of B&W 630 and although they sound good, I still prefer the bass sound in acoustic suspension speakers like the AR's...
Thanks

Do a search on this board for CSW's and read what folks say. These acoustic suspension speakers are fairly popular and reasonably priced:

Modern KLH Model 6

Hope this helps ...

PS: I also like the bass on acoustic suspension and I have ported systems as well.

Regards,
Jerry
 
The Human 81 takes the CSW Model 6 one step further. The woofer digs down deeper (flat to 40Hz) and it has the excellent Burhoe air-spring tweeter. That being said, it's also $300 more bucks.
 
Patience is a virtue. A pair o f AR 2ax will show up, and maybe at a great price if you can show some patience!
Regards,
Jim
 
Back
Top Bottom