• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADC XT-10 speakers

richd860

Speaker Freak!!!
Subscriber
I can't seem to find alot of info on these speakers,except the fact,that they were built in my home town,which I find very cool,but......I cannot find anything about the specs.Anyone happen to know what these speakers are rated for? Max input? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I hit that guy up on ebay,but he said the ad had no specs,just an overall description.
 
................Anyone happen to know what these speakers are rated for? Max input? Thanks.

Hi Rich, I lost track of your earlier thread after posting there. As I said, the XT 10 appears to use the same cabinet and woofer as the 303ax.

To your question, the 303ax was, I think, rated for 60 watts so I think it's somewhat safe to assume the same about your speakers.

Do they have switches on the back (for mid and treble), or just the input terminals?
 
There is a switch in the back,along with the terminals.Not sure what it does,But I'm replacing the torn tweets,with some tweets that I picked up ob Epay.Almost identical,except for the color of the paper cone.Gonna take them apart,to expose the crossovers,and I'll take some pics.Will have them posted shortly.
 
hers the crossover,and the woofer.I may have a problem with one of the woofers.when playing,even at low volume,I get a rattle out of one of the woofers,kind of like when the surround isn't glued all the way around,and they"Flap".The surrounds look great,so I'm wondering if the cone is off center? Anyway,if anyone can tell me anything about the woofers,or suggest a comparable replacement,or could the bad one be fixed?Let me now.

100_0976.jpg

100_0977.jpg

100_0979.jpg
 
Check all around the surround to see if its firmly held down. Then do the same with the spider. Then do the same with where the spider attaches to the voice coil. I think one of those has a loose section.
But also check the dustcap in the same way, and if you can, check to see if the woofer/voice coil bond is good.
 
Also, press the woofer cone in gently and see if you can detect any scraping noise or sensation. Don't push on the cap in the center; put a finger on either side of it and press with equal pressure.

In all liklihood the switch steps the tweeters up/down by a small amount.

See the '7437' on the back of the woofer? Year 1974, 37th week. It's a CTS woofer and that's when it was manufactured.
 
Boy, look how nice and clean that crossover is... No waxy black tar or anything! Looks like they kept the woofers from the 303AX's but left out the tar.
 
Back
Top Bottom