• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Adcom GFA-545 with no preamp

jbw157

New Member
Hi all,

I just joined this great forum and I have what may be a stupid question. I just bought an Adcom GFA-545 on eBay and I was wondering that since my only source is going to be my computer where I can adjust the volume through software, can I just hook it up to my Adcom without a pre? As soon as I sell my Carver HR-742 receiver I will be getting a pre, but I would still like to use the amp.
 
Register to hide this ad
If you've got a way to adjust the volume, there should be no problem using the amp without a preamp.
 
Back
Top Bottom