dfun470
Electronics Everywhere!!
Hi all,
My 4 yo (used) Preamp is having problems. It is shutting down by itself, sometimes 'fluttering' while shutting off. I won't be able to open it until after a short vacation; but intend to look at the main power relay, and see if it can be replaced. If you know of this problem, I'd love to hear what you know.
Besides that; any recommendations for a new preamp (ideally with built-in tuner). Most of my gear was acquired at thrift shops and the occasional high-end store. I currently live in a rural area, so no high-end audio stores and very little craigslist are close. So, where, do I go to buy new high-end (more like middle-of-the road) equipment. Bestbuy and Crutchfield seem to have only PYLE equipment.
Where, besides the gear list here, would you go to shop online? Say $250-$500
My system:
CD, BT, SAT, ==> [ADCOM w/tuner & Yamaha EQ-50] ==> Niles SI-275 ==> Boston T1030s (Living Room)
||
Hafler P4000 ====> NHT Super Ones (patio)
If I don't get one I could use the Preamp and tuner in my HK 3485 receiver...
My 4 yo (used) Preamp is having problems. It is shutting down by itself, sometimes 'fluttering' while shutting off. I won't be able to open it until after a short vacation; but intend to look at the main power relay, and see if it can be replaced. If you know of this problem, I'd love to hear what you know.
Besides that; any recommendations for a new preamp (ideally with built-in tuner). Most of my gear was acquired at thrift shops and the occasional high-end store. I currently live in a rural area, so no high-end audio stores and very little craigslist are close. So, where, do I go to buy new high-end (more like middle-of-the road) equipment. Bestbuy and Crutchfield seem to have only PYLE equipment.
Where, besides the gear list here, would you go to shop online? Say $250-$500
My system:
CD, BT, SAT, ==> [ADCOM w/tuner & Yamaha EQ-50] ==> Niles SI-275 ==> Boston T1030s (Living Room)
||
Hafler P4000 ====> NHT Super Ones (patio)
If I don't get one I could use the Preamp and tuner in my HK 3485 receiver...