• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Added a Remote Volume Control to a Bottlehead Foreplay III Preamp [photos]

oysterbar

Active Member
Ever since I built my Bottlehead Foreplay III preamp a few months ago, I yearned for a remote volume control solution. After conversing with John Chapman from Bent Audio, he put together an Alps motorized potentiometer that fit perfectly into my preamp. I imagine this would be a great solution for other folks looking for remote volume control solution for other pieces of equipment.

Bench Testing
20090112_0011.jpg


The intended target of the remote volume control
20090112_0013.jpg


Alps motorized potentiometer wired and ready to go
20090112_0021.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Very nice; looks kind of familiar!
Those motorized pots are available from lots of junked Sony (and other) BCP receivers and CD players.
JimB
 
Back
Top Bottom