• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ads 200

will d

Active Member
There is a pair on Seattle C.L. Somebody please tell me why each speaker has an a.c. cord coming out of it! It looks factory and i don't see any spring clips for speaker wires! I've owned ads speakers since my first pair in 1977. I've not seen any ads speakers like these! Can someone shed a little light on these? Thanks, i am curious. Will D.
 
Register to hide this ad
Pics? I know they came with a Nakamichi car cassette system and had unusual connections for that. Not sure if that's what you have or not.
 
No. Your pictures are of the 2002's. These are 200's. Check cl Seattle at this moment, they are there.
 
seems like a chunk of permanently installed by owner chunk of zip cord for the speaker wire. They were available when zip cord in brown might have been used for stereo hook ups.

Installed by owner since it does not appear to have a serious strain relief installed.
 
seems like a chunk of permanently installed by owner chunk of zip cord for the speaker wire. They were available when zip cord in brown might have been used for stereo hook ups.

Installed by owner since it does not appear to have a serious strain relief installed.
Please tell me what are those in the upper middle area of the speakers? I have brackets for the 300 series speakers. But what are those? Are they for wall mounting?
 
00606_hr0f5Axacgjz_0tR0ri_600x450.jpg


I was trying to figure out what those oblong ring things were, then I realized they are brackets for hanging the speakers.

It looks like some sort of control at bottom center of the left speaker?
The wiring does look rather crude where it enters the back of the speakers, where should the OEM connectors be? Unless they had RCA ends on the OEM wires as I don't see any spring clips or RCA outputs.
Hmmmmm I thought those brown rubber(?) squares were for wall protection or no slip purposes, but maybe that's where the OEM outputs/inputs go?
 
00606_hr0f5Axacgjz_0tR0ri_600x450.jpg


I was trying to figure out what those oblong ring things were, then I realized they are brackets for hanging the speakers.

It looks like some sort of control at bottom center of the left speaker?
The wiring does look rather crude where it enters the back of the speakers, where should the OEM connectors be? Unless they had RCA ends on the OEM wires as I don't see any spring clips or RCA outputs.
Hmmmmm I thought those brown rubber(?) squares were for wall protection or no slip purposes, but maybe that's where the OEM outputs/inputs go?
I'm there about everything you said. But those look like brown stick on rubber feet. Must be the wire coming out of the back is the speaker wire itself? I don't know, but it gives us something to ponder. Weird!
 
The brown stick on foot on each speaker was to allow the speaker to fit evenly across the bottom as it was hanging from the metal bracket. Balanced the wire coming out of the other side of the speaker. course I'm just posting opinion until @jdurbin1 drops in to set us straight.
 
Last edited:
I'm there about everything you said. But those look like brown stick on rubber feet. Must be the wire coming out of the back is the speaker wire itself? I don't know, but it gives us something to ponder. Weird!
Ya know? I think those are to hang them. See the hole at the bottom of those siver round pieces at 6:00 if you will. I'm guessing you could turn those 180 degrees to 12:00 and those holes would clear the top of the speakers and they would serve as hangers. I feel it's another DIY job done again to these.
 
The brown stick on foot on each speaker was to allow the speaker to fit evenly across the bottom as it was hanging from the metal bracket. Balanced the wire coming out of the other side of the speaker. course I'm just posting opinion until @jdurbin1 drops in to set us straight.
Makes good sence to me Shadow. I would agree with you.
 
Ya know? I think those are to hang them. See the hole at the bottom of those siver round pieces at 6:00 if you will. I'm guessing you could turn those 180 degrees to 12:00 and those holes would clear the top of the speakers and they would serve as hangers. I feel it's another DIY job done again to these.

That's those oblong ring things I mentioned above...
 
I read they were first version ads 200, no L there. From what i read, they had zip cord through strain grommets to hook them up. Later came the spring clips.
 
I read they were first version ads 200, no L there. From what i read, they had zip cord through strain grommets to hook them up. Later came the spring clips.
So they had built in wires that exited through the same openings the current wires are coming out of?
 
Back
Top Bottom