• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS 910: what are they worth?

SiliconTi

Super Member
Hey all,

Tripped across a pair of ADS 910 in pretty good shape. Look to be complete with the swivel stands, grilles and original drivers. Crossovers look to be original too.

What are they worth nowadays?

Worth my time?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a pair I sold local a couple of years ago for I think 600 dollars. I had to have the led lights worked on. They were in good shape and the grills looked good. I think I gave close to 650 or so on them. I think I traded some gear to help with the value of the sale. I think in my area here in mid west in great shape you could now get 700 or so on a good pair. Just make sure they work well. I think they are great speakers in my opinion.
 
Worth your time, yes. I've seen asking prices over $1000, although I'm not sure if the seller got it. Top of the ADS line when it came out.
 
Great speakers I'd love to hear and own.

But given new times and large speakers in a shrinking market I'd figure 600-700 tops sale value. Who knows...
 
Super rare in my neck of the woods. Worth $1k Plus here. Well worth every penny, Mine arent going anywhere anytime soon.
 
Depending on location, I'd say $800-$1200. Especially with stands which can fetch $300+ alone. Value is heavily dependent upon condition, however, so expect that estimate to push up or down commensurate with condition.

Do you know which crossover cards are installed? There are cards for single, bi- and tri-amp. Do they have the LED's installed?

They're really exceptional sounding speakers and hold their own against some of the other big dogs in the ADS line up. Very comparable to L1530's in my opinion. Only lacking a touch of bass slam and image specificity.
 
They look to not have the led lights on them. I agree for that kind of money they look a little rough on the outside. I would offer him no more than 700 and that would be on the high side. I know mine were pretty mint and they did not sell real fast here in the midwest. I also know prices have gone up like crazy on all the vintage gear. I know for 1000 dollars you could get a better sounding pair of used speakers that were also newer.
 
I look forward to hearing from @GD70 . Thanks!
Hey all! Happy 4th!

First, that set of 910’s are not that bad. Pics aren’t great, but the cabs appear to just need a sanding to remove the original finish, and refinish with your product of choice. I don’t see any bad stains or veneer damage. Grills and drivers look very clean. The crossovers have the standard single amp card.

How do they compare to the 3/3a. The 910’s are serious speakers, huge sound, take a ton of power and barely break a sweat. Bass is neighbor dish rattling deep, my neighbor told me so! But they are smooth, punchy, not boomy. Sound stage is very good and high end sizzle is detailed without fatigue. The mids and tweeters In mine were rebuilt by Richard So, but the crossovers are original. I plan to replace the one lyric cap for the woofer circuit at some point. Will that improve the sound, I don’t know.
The AR3/3as are no slouch either. When PROPERLY RESTORED, are excellent as well. Remember the 910 is 10 plus years newer and benefit from the technology advances regarding power handling, driver design, and better detail, but, my 3s are excellent, and have been fully restored. Mids and tweeters just rebuilt on one pair, ids on the other pair. The 3a, is a bit more forward than the 3, maybe a bit closer to the 910 in this regard than the 3s, but not by much. I prefer the 3 over the 3a, every time I have the chance to A/B them.

Choosing between them is very difficult, but if I had to choose one to live with for the rest of my life, it would be the 910s.
I always say, everyone should own a set of each at least once in their life time.

Cheers, Glenn
 
Regarding current market price, I mostly agree with what others have already stated. I helped a local friend sell his pair a year or two ago and I think we listed them for $750, but ended up taking less for them. In our opinion, they never did sound quite right and were not up to the standard of the other fantastic vintage ADS models we own. Most unfortunate, as we had high hopes for the 910's.
 
Agree with Glenn.
I had both as well. I think the 910 is the one to go with.
Cabinets are wood and sending can fully transform them to surprisingly beautiful condition
 
Well, I took another look. I'm going to reluctantly pass on them. They will not come down to a reasonable price (I think $500 is reasonable) and they will need some work.

Oh well...

Thanks for the input.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom