• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

ADS, differences in sensitivity.

H2oman7.62mm

Super Member
Is this normal?

I own a set of L570/2 and a set of L780/2 bookshelf speakers, both sound great and the 570's are dramatically more sensitive than the 780's. Both sets sound fantastic to my ears, but I have to turn the volume knob up a little more to bring the loudness of the 780/2s up to where the 570/2s are at a lower volume setting.

L570-2.JPGL780-2.JPG

My power source is a Marantz 2238B

IMG_3152.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe it's difference between crossovers. Two vs three way.

I have L470/2 @ 92db spl and L880/1 & /2@ 89 db spl. L880's like a little power.
 
I have L470/2 and L570/2, in different systems. Anecdotally, it seems the 470's are more sensitive. Don't have the 780's so can't comment on those.

I'm probably going to part with one of these ADS' but haven't decided which. We're making plans to downsize the house so I need to thin the heard.
 
Back
Top Bottom