• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS L-910 Fair Market Value in 2026.

mrk229

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Speakers have had the tweeters and midranges refurbished by ADS Speakers Repair Services in 2022. Crossovers have been gone through and the trouble prone Jones plug and jack replaced.

Cabinets are in decent condition (7 out of 10). Grills are good and they have the original stands. NO Meters

What would be a fair purchase offer for them in 2026. I don't find many recent sales or for-sale prices to gauge by.



I found a really nice pair (9 rated) with the audio meters on US Audiomart that sold in 2024. Asking price was $1900

And another pair on US Audiomart from 2023 in decent condition with the meters. Asking price was $1300
 
Register to hide this ad
Used ADS L-910 speakers typically sell between $800 to $3200 depending heavily on their physical and working condition. Add more if the original kangaroo stands are available.
 
Used ADS L-910 speakers typically sell between $800 to $3200 depending heavily on their physical and working condition. Add more if the original kangaroo stands are available.
Thank you for the data point.
 
Pre-Covid I seen prices around 1,200 to 1,500. Post Covid your looking closer to 2,000 plus. With Stands and Tri-Amp/Light cards 2,500 plus. Like eiraved above they can go for $3,200 Plus. But .... it always helps when the buyer doesn't have to deal with servicing the drivers so, that's always a selling point. Also, there was a series 1 and 2 which may or may not affect the asking price depending on the buyer.

Keep in mind that just because you see an asking price on some of these auction sights, that, that's what the seller got. They may have accepted a lesser price! Factors to consider, where you live and how easy it is for a buyer to get to you. Good news is, the 910's (910's are not the L series ADS) are highly sought after. Matching serial numbers is also a good selling point. Consider $2,500 with no stands or cards, and have a not less then price in your mind. I'm considering this to be a fair market price. You can ask what ever you want above that. That's up to you.

Garry~
 
That is approaching the used price of Aerial 10s. I wonder which sounds better.
That's a very good point considering the scarcity of driver replacements, and the fact that Richard So appears to be slowing down a bit last couple of years on repairs. Midranges are gone now, no more parts. Need a replacement? Need to buy off the auction sight and hope the voice coils aren't fried. Can still get parts for the Aerial's.

Few years back I always thought you couldn't find a better speaker for the price, Prices today narrow that statement a bit.

Garry~
 
I had 2 pair once both were extremely nice. A first series and a series 2. Both had the leds and original stands. One pair went to a AK'er. They were nice but I really struggle with a cost in the $1500 range. I have a pair of JBL 4430's sitting here and the 910's are a far far cry from them. I'm not selling but some of the prices mentioned for the 910's - well to me are in that range. The 910's were nice but....
 
If I recall correctly the difference between series 1 and 2 was. The series 1 had 1'' tweeters, the 2's had 3/4''. The series 1 had matching veneer on the back as well as all other sides. The series 1 drivers were held in with machine screws and t nuts, the series 2 used regular wood screws. I could not hear any difference between them.
 
I have several pairs of ADS. Some of the prices now are just plain crazy. I've been picking up some Canton speakers lately. Excellent speakers, and a little more friendly price wise.
 
Well I think that Kevin Moll of Skylabs pushed the price up of all ADS speakers when he mentioned that the L810 is one of his favorite speakers.

Thing is, as mentioned parts are limited to what Richard So has left, after that it will be used parts only from Ebay etc. so buying a pair of ADS at the premium prices may or may not be the best decision.

I see pairs of ADS L710, L810, L1230 and L1530 anywhere from $1500 and up. I get the collector attraction, but when a pair of L1530 hits $3000 I think it's definitely getting out of hand.
 
I treasure my L420s and L520s and plan to run them until they are no longer sound good. I imagine the tweeters will go first, and probably after Richard stops service for good...
 
I treasure my L420s and L520s and plan to run them until they are no longer sound good. I imagine the tweeters will go first, and probably after Richard stops service for good...
Just don’t abuse them and they should be good for decades. These speakers have air-cooled voice coil and metal former, not liquid-cooled with ferrofluid.
 
Back
Top Bottom