• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS L1090 Value?

Thanks for the replies guys; very helpful.

The seller is asking $335 and is open to offers. I was going to offer him something in the $200s, but wanted to check in here first. I'd also have to rent a car from Brooklyn for at least $30 and pay pretty expensive tolls, so I'm not really sold on these given the feedback I'm hearing from everyone here. I guess one thing to keep in mind though is that prices seem to be quite a bit higher for stuff like this where I live than the majority of the country.

There are actually a bunch of ADS speakers locally at the moment, including some L500 for $100, L520 for $140, L810 for $300 etc. so maybe i'll look into some of those. I hear such great things about the L1090 though, and they don't seem very common so it's a tough choice.

1090's are the best of those. If you are handy and can get them cheap go for it.
 
The L810s do not have stands. I actually just made the seller an offer on those. We'll see what kind of reply I get. You'd be all over them for $300?
 
With the stands $300 would be a bargain IMHO. I sold my 710s for two and it is the one audio sale that I have actually regretted. (I also regret letting my Trace Elliot bass amp go, but that's probably for a different thread).

Of course, I don't know what the market is like in your area. In Pittsburgh, ADS don't show up very frequently. You're more likely to see Klipsch of that era.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom