• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS L1230's in Wadsworth, Illinois

myu701

Vintage futurist
FYI, on 'the bay' there's a set of ADS L1230's listed for local pickup. I figured an AK'er local to that area might be interested. Auction states "Because of the size and weight of these speakers, I would prefer a local pickup. I’ll even deliver for free within 75 miles of Wadsworth, IL, zip code 60083. Hopefully, that would help a prospective buyer in an outlying state." Seller states they're in great condition. No affiliation, of course... :)
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
FYI, on 'the bay' there's a set of ADS L1230's listed for local pickup. I figured a local AK'er to that area might be interested. Auction states "Because of the size and weight of these speakers, I would prefer a local pickup. I’ll even deliver for free within 75 miles of Wadsworth, IL, zip code 60083. Hopefully, that would help a prospective buyer in an outlying state." Seller states they're in great condition. No affiliation, of course... :)
Tempting... I love the A/D/S sound. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding fair value? I'm within that 75 mile free delivery radius.
 
I would think they would be worth $350-$400. They always seem to bring a lot of attention when they are offered up for sale, and from all accounts they are an awesome set of speakers. If they were local to me, I would be bidding on them.
 
They've been on Chicago CL for several weeks at $450. Tempting for sure but too many speakers here already. Seems like a good deal for somebody, though.
 
I would think they would be worth $350-$400. They always seem to bring a lot of attention when they are offered up for sale, and from all accounts they are an awesome set of speakers. If they were local to me, I would be bidding on them.
Thanks for the info.
 
They've been on Chicago CL for several weeks at $450. Tempting for sure but too many speakers here already. Seems like a good deal for somebody, though.
Jeez, how did I miss that on CL? I must be going blind.

I'm sure those would be pretty great. Maybe I'll throw my hat in the ring....
 
I got a set and they are one of the best sounding speakers I own. $300 would be a steal. 50% more would still be fair.
 
Jeez, how did I miss that on CL? I must be going blind.

I'm sure those would be pretty great. Maybe I'll throw my hat in the ring....

They've been up for awhile, he might be open to offers since they haven't sold? It's a good deal even if he isn't. The last pair was up on CL for about $600 or so, and a pair was at Decibel Audio for a little more than that.
 
For the $350-450 range hard to beat them. Whoever can afford them get them. You will be very happy. I have only the 1530 and 910 but belive based on what I heard/red here at AK that the 1230 is one of the best ADS without a doubt.
 
A pair of those used to come up on the Houston C/L fairly often, they looked mint but the seller wanted $650.00 for them. So a good pair for around $400.00 would be alright IMO but that would be the upper limit.
 
I sent the guy an email through Craig's List this weekend, seeing if he still might want to deal. Nope--it's E-bay or nothing now. He's removed the CL ad. I'll watch the speakers on E-bay and I'm sure I'll place a bid at some point--but even if I don't snag 'em, I've found a lot of great stuff this summer. And until I find something better, my L620s sound pretty darned good.
 
I sent the guy an email through Craig's List this weekend, seeing if he still might want to deal. Nope--it's E-bay or nothing now. He's removed the CL ad. I'll watch the speakers on E-bay and I'm sure I'll place a bid at some point--but even if I don't snag 'em, I've found a lot of great stuff this summer. And until I find something better, my L620s sound pretty darned good.

there were a pair on boston cl here a few months back for 300 or 350 ...I would have jumped on them but have speakers coming out my colon.
 
I have had the 1230's and I sold them for like $450 about 3 years ago and they were in fair shape, but far from NM condition. Very nice detailed speakers, but not a loud R&R speaker. Great for jazzy type material and moderate volume listening.
 
I have had the 1230's and I sold them for like $450 about 3 years ago and they were in fair shape, but far from NM condition. Very nice detailed speakers, but not a loud R&R speaker. Great for jazzy type material and moderate volume listening.
That's exactly what we'd use them for: mostly jazz and classical at moderate listening levels. I'll give it my best shot, but there's a limit to what I can pay for them--I just dropped some money into my son's education fund.
 
Back
Top Bottom