• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS L620's

bgoodz

Active Member
Moved from Speaker Forum per suggestion - sorry

Glad I found this forum on ADS Speakers. Recently got back into Audio after years away from (life got in the way). Have been updating and replacing vintage component system from original Sansui 5500 receiver and Sonic speakers. Went over to a vintage audio second hand store to look at some PSB's (dealer) and left with a set of ADS L620's in mint condition with a one year guarantee on parts and labor and or a one year complete store refund. Hooked the L620's up to a 9090db and was very impressed with the sound quality. Now I really like the ADS's and have almost forgotten the PSB's. Not being knowledgeable with speakers what is a fair going price ? I hope I didn't over pay. But I do like them very much and they are mint. They look like they have never been used. If there is a model similar in size and looks that sound better to my old ears....well....I'm hooked
Thanks guys for any info
 
Register to hide this ad
ADS are awesoem. I have 570/980/1290 and 1530.
The best reference would be Audiogon Bluebook, e-bay completed auctions and even better AK members here. Welcome!!!
 
Congratulations on your newly acquired ADS speakers. :yes:

I first became a customer of ADS back in the late seventies and never regretted a purchase. I bought all mine from local ADS dealers and paid full retail.

Don't worry whether you overpaid or not because if you like them and they bring you years of enjoyment, then you didn't overpay.

Don't be surprised if you get the notion to try more of their products.
If you ever get a chance to listen or buy a pair of 710's,810's,980's,1090's,1290's,1590's,etc,etc., by all means,do so.
 
Agrre with all of the above and would add 910, 990, 1230 and 1530.
They all are GREAT!!!

Thanks guys, my sentiments exactly, I am really liking them and already looking for the next grades up from the L620's and a set of book shelf size for the other room. If I find a better set then these can go in the garage shop :D

Like I mentioned I accidentally stumbled into them and after getting them home I started doing some research on them and saw where they were less than what I paid and buyers remorse started to set in. But what offset that was after hooking up to the 9090db I got my socks blown off, pleasantly so. So much so I seriously doubt they will be going back for a trade up to PSB's.

I read that guys find them at estate, yard sales, craigslist etc for mucho less than I paid (but I don't think I was ripped either) but these are in pristine condition and rock. I will keep my eyes peeled and fingers crossed for some others to add to the growing audio re-collection.

This all started with an interest in converting vinyl to digital and haven't converted one LP yet :D but I'm sure enjoying the sounds and tunes

Bill
 
Back
Top Bottom