• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS L810 Woofer differences

Jeffrey A

New Member
I'm attempting to restore 2 sets of ADS L810 speakers, and have come across something unexpected. There are at least 2 different speakers that ADS installed that were both labelled as 206-0317. Neither of my sets have 100% original woofers, so I'd just like to know what belongs where! One pair has black cloth grills (earlier?), and one pair has perforated metal grills (later?). I've attached some photos so you can see what I'm talking about.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 25
Register to hide this ad
Interesting gadget! If I were a technician I'd certainly want one.
However, in the mean time I just reached out to Mr. Richard So of ADSspeakerservice.
He confirmed this:
"1st woofer 206-0317 from Braun has larger magnet and cat point ears basket.
2nd woofer 206-0317 from ADS smaller magnet and cat point ear basket..
3rd woofer 206-0332 from ADS square and shallow basket"

And sent the attached photos.

So I guess that solves it!
 

Attachments

  • 206-0317..jpg
    206-0317..jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 206-0332 001.jpg
    206-0332 001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
I wonder if it's a difference between the L810 and L810/2 woofers?
the L570/2's I own have one woofer thats original, and the other that's from a L570. The difference is the 570's woofer has an aluminum coil tube, and the 2's have a plastic type coil tube. The L570 woofer also has a smaller dust cap than the series 2 woofer.
Maybe it's the same kind of deal?
 
Back
Top Bottom