• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS M9 price check?

Yggdrasill

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
There's a pair for sale locally that look to be in really nice cosmetic condition, even the metal grills. Asking price is $350. I am familiar with the L series but not the M. Does anyone have any idea of fair price for these?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Probably a fair price but not a bargain. The M series was less well known (and came later IIRC). The M12/90 was the standout from that series and I've seen them in that price range...
 
I own a pair of M12/90's and they are terrific. I agree with RossW that the asking $ is a bit high for M9's, which are a step down in the "M" line and are the replacement for the L990.
 
That's really helpful, thanks. I already have a pair of L1590IIs that I love, and it's hard for me to pass on rarer ADS models.
 
I have M9/90's and they are phenomenal, in about the same league as my Polk Monitor 10as and not too far from my Snell E/IIIs, but very different, much more laid back. And they are gorgeous to boot (although mine are a little sun-faded). Not sure if $350 is what I'd personally pay for M9s but probably what an optimistic initial ask would be. Assuming the metal grilles are straight and the mids are in good shape, I would see them selling in the mid $200's, but I they are rare enough I don't imagine there is a "street" price.
 
Back
Top Bottom