• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS Obsession continues, a/d/s/ S700 Mini Monitors

Not with mounting in mind. I have the big L1590's but just picked up L990's for a friend and they are a nice practical room size speaker.
 
If you get a chance check out a pair of L880's. They are the same drivers as L990's only in a large ish medium bookcase cab.
For the size they are hard to beat.
 
Thanks, for your response. Any other a/d/s guys out there have an opinion on filling a small10×20' room with the right a/d/s speakers? Again I have a yamaha 1020 70wpc receiver. Scott
Thats a no brainer the biggest ones your better half will allow!!! Her opinion matters . If you go to big she might end up with them,just ask my first ex who said my maggies were too big uh huh too big for me but not for her 12 years later she still has them in her living room,i swear whenever i go to her house they are "coincidentally" on!!! RUB IT IN! BIATCH!!! Oh sorry guys ....
 
I wouldn't make any conclusions based on asking price... it's the sold ones that tell you what market value is.

John
 
I wouldn't make any conclusions based on asking price... it's the sold ones that tell you what market value is.

True, but the market has been going up at an accelerated rate since this thread was started. It’s a wait and see...
 
Trust me, with a house full of ADS gear ranging from early stuff to late production, I'd be thrilled if any of it was skyrocketing in value but from my own observations over the past 15 years it's been at best a slow steady growth in value and many of the pieces I own - which are for the most part relatively sought after - are worth less today than when new. I'm happy if they're worth a bit more now than what I paid for them, but that's mostly down to patience and looking for good buys vs. paying market price.

John
 
Thanks, for your response. Any other a/d/s guys out there have an opinion on filling a small10×20' room with the right a/d/s speakers? Again I have a yamaha 1020 70wpc receiver. Scott
ADS L8e’s if you can find a pair, Extremely nice sounding speaker with a super smooth tweet & they go down very low. Mine are paired with a Carver 1.5mt power amp and C1 preamp. 300/wpc.
 

Attachments

  • 5467D764-9481-470C-8559-F4B8EC09ED6C.jpeg
    5467D764-9481-470C-8559-F4B8EC09ED6C.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 97321F4B-22A3-473B-9F83-2E27DC7D8C84.jpeg
    97321F4B-22A3-473B-9F83-2E27DC7D8C84.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 30
  • A37B536E-4994-4ADC-B658-6DA6E1C742A4.jpeg
    A37B536E-4994-4ADC-B658-6DA6E1C742A4.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 957D769C-BC1B-4552-A7EE-DE466F4CCCDB.jpeg
    957D769C-BC1B-4552-A7EE-DE466F4CCCDB.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 58B5A694-E94A-4D72-8B03-E93A42270517.jpeg
    58B5A694-E94A-4D72-8B03-E93A42270517.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 30
Trust me, with a house full of ADS gear ranging from early stuff to late production, I'd be thrilled if any of it was skyrocketing in value but from my own observations over the past 15 years it's been at best a slow steady growth in value and many of the pieces I own - which are for the most part relatively sought after - are worth less today than when new. I'm happy if they're worth a bit more now than what I paid for them, but that's mostly down to patience and looking for good buys vs. paying market price.

John
:idea::naughty:
 
Well John’s comment is 7 years old. The price of ADS speakers has shot up early in the century, dropped back down and floated for a dozen years before the jump in prices in the past few years. Some are at original retail levels now as many vintage pieces are reaching this level.
 
Well John’s comment is 7 years old. The price of ADS speakers has shot up early in the century, dropped back down and floated for a dozen years before the jump in prices in the past few years. Some are at original retail levels now as many vintage pieces are reaching this level.
Haha yes I realized it was old but I just thought it was fun to see this comment and then look at the current state of vintage, and especially ADS pricing. Even the past one year has seen further increases in price as demand stays constant, while just about everything else is steady.
 
Back
Top Bottom