• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS Speaker Size

bgoodz

Active Member
Hello,
In addition to being in the hunt for L810's and higher I'm needing to know some size dimension for I guess what would be called bookshelf speakers but I don't want to go small either. With all the different ADS models and an excellent research list here on AK detailing all the different models I was wondering if anyone knew some models by or with sizes? The max dimension for my fit would be 19 1/2"w x 13 1/2 H. Maybe it would be the L400's? Don't know if there was a size larger. I have a set of Bose 301's in that slot now but really don't care for them even after I re-foamed. Seems like I'm hooked on ADS now.

Thanks for any info you have.
bgoodz
 
Register to hide this ad
Sounds like a pair of L570 ( 19hX11.5wX11d ) would fit the bill, not
sure if the L6xx series would be to big?
 
Sounds like a pair of L570 ( 19hX11.5wX11d ) would fit the bill, not
sure if the L6xx series would be to big?

Alright then, sounds like it's L570's, thank you Dodge & Wornears (I'm with you there) that's is what I needed to know. I've got 15 1/2 inches in depth to work with also. Yes the L620's I have are way to big for that opening. Actually it's the L620's that started all this since I got a pair recently and really liking the ADS's. So now I'm in the hunt for a pair better than the L620's and a set of the L570's (haven't seen any of those anywhere on the market. If I'm not careful I'll end up with a collection of ADS's :D
 
The L570 came in a later improved version dubbed the L570 II.

I owned these at one time. Nice speakers.
 
L470s fit the bill, too. A bit smaller than the 570s (duh?!?) A pair of those and an NAD 7140 garnered me one of the only compliments from my wife regarding anything stereo-wise.

Mike
 
msskks; garnered me one of the only compliments from my wife regarding anything stereo-wise. Mike[/QUOTE said:
:D LMAO.......at some point Mike, you won't even consider it. I turn the tunes up, she turns the TV up.........................I look for bigger speakers and more power :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom