• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Advent Baby II replacing foam surrounds

Sound Armour

New Member
I got a pair of Advent Baby II for $50! They sound great! They are in great shape except for the form surrounds are starting to deteriorate. I am thinking about refoaming them myself. Does anyone know a good refoam kit to get and any tips on how to do it?
 
Register to hide this ad
http://www.parts-express.com/grs-6pr-8-6-1-2-poly-cone-rubber-surround-woofer--292-426 these cost under $11 each with a rubber surround and are probably lower in cost than a refoam kit. I feel the drivers in that speaker are ok but not super high quality....the tweeter is the better of the 2. Unless you want to have the experience of re-foaming a set of woofers these would be a quick, cheaper, and easier alternative and I don't think the sound will suffer. I replaced a set of woofers 5 1/4 in a pair of Mission 760 with ones that cost $15 ea from parts express and they sound great. Just to give you an option....plus you will still have the old ones to refoam for another project if you wish.
 
With Jensen era Advents, I use generic foams, Aleene's Tacky Glue and a 30 Hz test tone. This vintage Advent woofers are pretty easy to refoam. The first pair of woofers I ever did were out of a pair of Advent Prodigys. Came out great.
 
Back
Top Bottom