• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Advent Prodigy Tower vs. vintage Large Advent

hatrack71

distracted by everything
I may propose a trade to my buddy who has a pair of vintage Large Advents with rough cabs. I have a pair of Advent Prodigy Towers that are in pretty nice shape with the exception of a couple pin-hole size holes in one of the grills. He is not happy with his Large Advents and doesn't really care about them. Should I even bother trading or am I just splitting hairs here. I really don't plan on keeping these Advent Prodigy but maybe the Large Advents if there is a sizable difference in sound quality. What do you guys think before I go to the trouble. I spent less than a tenner on these towers at the thrift. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 100_0546.jpg
    100_0546.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0545.jpg
    100_0545.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 45
Register to hide this ad
Test both to see how they sound with your system and then decide. That is really the only way to do it as long as you are not concerned about the looks of the old Large Advents.
 
I own both. Take the advents! The prodigys are decent, but the large advent, at least my new large advents walk all over the prodigy.
 
Look up the econowave for the large advent, as just by the amount of work that went into the update they would come out amazing. That said, for that simple fact, I would go for the large advent.
 
I also have both (Prodigy I and II as well and 2 pairs of LA) - LA all the way. I second that the Prodigy is decent, but the OLA or NLA is (to me) a significantly better speaker.
 
I'll be the voice of dissent here. I have Prodigy Towers and OLAs right now, and the Prodigys just sound much more balanced than the OLAs. For that matter, I much prefer nearly all of the Jensen Advents over the OLA and NLA.
 
I'll be the voice of dissent here. I have Prodigy Towers and OLAs right now, and the Prodigys just sound much more balanced than the OLAs. For that matter, I much prefer nearly all of the Jensen Advents over the OLA and NLA.

:screwy:
 
Back
Top Bottom