• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Advent Smaller Loudspeakers

jnicholson14

Wasted Years
Subscriber
Picked up a pair of Advent Smaller Loudspeakers for $15 today. They are in great shape, but need to be refoamed.

I've read that the speakers are an odd size. Does anyone on AK sell quality replacement foam made specifically for these speakers? Would love to buy from an AK member, rather than a random website.

Thanks for the help.
 
Register to hide this ad
Try Rick Cobb. I've ordered his foams off eBay and they worked great. If I recall his user name is looney tunes on the bay.
 
Nice find, refoam and enjoy.:thmbsp:

The Small Advent definitely punches above its weight.:yes:

I think these sound great with gobs of solid state as well.
 
Congratulations! I love mine. I think they are better than the Original Large Advents I owned from the mid-70's to the early 90's. Great detail and low bass. You will never need a sub-woofer with the Smaller Advents.
 
Bought my surrounds from looneytunes21 on ebay. Pretty easy job. I wanted to sell them but after listening, I really couldn't. Hooked up to Marantz 2275, had to keep em. Bass was very apparent and defined and did not take away from rest of sound. Have fun and congrats on the score.
 
Yes, definitely go with Rick Cobb, and as 'ivandezande" said, eMail him, so to avoid the dreaded bay fees, and other fees associated with.
 
I got anxious and ordered from Rick on ebay today before I saw these posts. Next time I will email him directly.

I used Rick's product to refoam some Boston Acoustic A-60s I found a while back and everything worked flawlessly. Hopefully I'll have these speakers working again soon. Can't wait to hear them. They look beautiful. I'll post pics of the refoam job.
 
The SA has all the positive qualities of the OLA with none of the weaknesses. I just dumped my masonite ringed woofer OLA but decided to keep my SA. They missed the downsize shootout because I had loaned them to a friend. But that is okay as they would likely have been exempted as they are smaller bookshelf speakers.
 
The SA has more bass than the EPI 100 and sing almost as sweet. Both are great vintage bookshelf speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom