• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Advice needed re: Acoustic Research TSW-210 woofers repair/replacement

lotusstp

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Stumbled across a deal too good to pass up, a Denon DRA-550 and a pair of Teledyne era AR TSW-210 speakers (not the "a" or "b" variants) at the local flea for $10 total. The receiver, while a bit dusty (must've been a garage receiver) is fully functional; alas, the TSW-210's woofers suffer from foam rot, and based on what the seller told me. they sounded "fine" but I suspect they've been driven for quite some time in this condition.
So, I'm weighing some repair options; not quite certain what they would sound like if I refoam them. I note that a vendor on Fleabay is selling "replacement" woofers with butyl surrounds for $29 a pop. After digging through old posts, I see that the TSW-210b variant had rubber surrounds.
Any thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom