• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Advice on a Clamp for a Thorens Table?

Echoes Myron

Active Member
For a little while I've been using a Thorens 166 mkII with a Shure V15 IV cartridge in my primary listening space, and I'm starting to consider picking up a record clamp.

The KAB USA clamp looks like it will not be an issue with the turntable's suspension, and it's a nice price. The AK archives also suggest that it has its fans around here:

http://www.needledoctor.com/KAB-Record-Grip-MKII

Any other suggestions among folks with Thorens tables? I'd be willing to invest a little more in the clamp if necessary.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I've got the same TT and use a hockey puck adapted to fit as a "clamp". I simply drilled a slightly undersized hole in the center of the puck. To use, I place record on TT mat, put puck/clamp on spindle -- it's a little tight -- and when I snug up the puck to the record/mat, it presses the record against the mat 'coupling it'.
 
souther cleaver clamp its very light weight so no suspension issues. and it fits very snugly on the spindel. made in the U.S.A. avail at musicdirect.com
 
Back
Top Bottom