• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Advice on a Sansui SR 929

JustinICT

Active Member
I came across a SR929 this morning. Its at an estate sale. right now they have it marked at 875.00 it looks real clean The price was to high for me to even think about buying it. But tomorrow it'll be priced at half of that. It has a Grado wood body cart on it. I don't know how to identify a part number on it though. what are your thoughts on this TT? I have heard in the past they are pretty nice decks. Is there a price range I should being trying to stay with.
They actually have 2 of these. the other has some exotic shiny cart I could identify. priced the same.
same price.
As well as a G9000 and 9090DB, both of them looked amazing.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I came across a SR929 this morning. Its at an estate sale. right now they have it marked at 875.00 it looks real clean The price was to high for me to even think about buying it. But tomorrow it'll be priced at half of that. It has a Grado wood body cart on it. I don't know how to identify a part number on it though. what are your thoughts on this TT? I have heard in the past they are pretty nice decks. Is there a price range I should being trying to stay with.
They actually have 2 of these. the other has some exotic shiny cart I could identify. priced the same.
same price.
As well as a G9000 and 9090DB, both of them looked amazing.

Thanks

Take pictures of the items you want to be identified and post them here. :idea:
 
Managed to get the Sansui 929 for 200 bucks. Just a little cleaning and it seems to be running excellent. The cartridge is. Grado Reference Master. It really sounds great. Feel like I got a great deal. Funny though I was kinda shocked to find it it was a manual table, It just looked like it should be automatic. All good though. really happy how it all turned out.
 
Managed to get the Sansui 929 for 200 bucks. Just a little cleaning and it seems to be running excellent. The cartridge is. Grado Reference Master. It really sounds great. Feel like I got a great deal. Funny though I was kinda shocked to find it it was a manual table, It just looked like it should be automatic. All good though. really happy how it all turned out.

Congratulations, excellent deal! :thumbsup:
 
You got a "score!" .... congrats.... I have owned one since '72 or there about ..... The one thing you will need to do is to get some very good isolation feet that you can use for under the existing feet. This direct drive turntable has always exhibited a tendency for a little feedback. I created some that seem to do the trick. Let me know if you want me to describe them to you.

You might want to consider buying the other 929 as well and then turn around and sell it on the AK barter. I've seen the go for as high as about $900. And keep both cartridges.
 
I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. Someone bought the other table, feel pretty good about my deal though and look forward to listening to it for a long time.
 
Managed to get the Sansui 929 for 200 bucks. Just a little cleaning and it seems to be running excellent. The cartridge is. Grado Reference Master. It really sounds great. Feel like I got a great deal. Funny though I was kinda shocked to find it it was a manual table, It just looked like it should be automatic. All good though. really happy how it all turned out.
:eek2:
 
A nice acquisition! There is a lot to be said for being in the right place at the right time, but research and knowledge is a winning combination.

Pictures of 'scores' always increase the drool factor. hint hint

Enjoy - - -
 
Update on this thing, Its been great it pretty much cleaned up to near mint. The platter mat was glued down it seems, took some time to clean it up and replace. I went with cork. I still haven't been able to find the little clip for the tonearm hold down. I've got pretty good at dropping the needle on a record and don't mind it as much as I thought I would.
 
The table looks like a real beauty, enjoy it. Mine is always being used and its a superb performer. I use Shure and Signet cartridges with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom