There's a pair of Yamaha NS-690IIs for sale locally. They come paired with a CR-1020 and the guy is asking $300/OBO.
Here's the description of the speakers:
"This is a great system that produces warm, room filling sound. Or, at least it did before it went into (dry, moderate temperature) storage for a few years. The woofers need to be refoamed and the domes on the tweeters are dented in a bit."
I've never refoamed speakers before but I'm willing to give it a shot. Can anyone tell me how much work this involves, and also whether dented tweeters can be "undented?":scratch2:
Thanks!!
Thor
Here's the description of the speakers:
"This is a great system that produces warm, room filling sound. Or, at least it did before it went into (dry, moderate temperature) storage for a few years. The woofers need to be refoamed and the domes on the tweeters are dented in a bit."
I've never refoamed speakers before but I'm willing to give it a shot. Can anyone tell me how much work this involves, and also whether dented tweeters can be "undented?":scratch2:
Thanks!!
Thor