• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Aerial Acoustics 10T's - how good are they?

SimplySound

Kent Engineering & Fondry
Well I'm also looking at a pair of Aerial Acoustic 10T's in mint condition for $2800... I'm thinking they might be had for $2500. The thing that has me considering them is I think they might have a similar sound to the KEF R107's. I like the separate head design!!!

Anyone have them and care to comment? Is the price in the realm of reality?

aerial10tpic.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
They're supposed to be really, really good! Designed by ex-A/D/S V.P. Michael Kelly. Give 'em a listen, and if you have the cash, probably worth it. Could be speakers for life..! :D
 
We sold a pair not to long ago, great speakers with huge bass. In good condition $2500 is a fair price.
 
I've heard them many times. Even got to hear them when they were under development and had not finalized the drivers. They are badass, absolutely fantastic. No corners cut, just great reproducers. You could literally make them your last ever speaker purchase. They are that good.
 
I'd snap them up at that price. I've heard them, the 6T's, the 7T's and currently own a pair of 8's which are fantastic.

Do it!
 
I agree with the others - outstanding speakers. It's been a few years since I heard them, but I'll bet they're still close to state of the art.
 
I'm prejudiced but they are extraordinary. You will need a large enough room to handle the bass output.
 
Something to check out as I never heard of these and was interested in them. Good read and lets you know exactly what your getting.

Thanks Resident, I saw that too... the ones I'm looking at are MkII's. The seller is holding firm so not sure what I'll do. It would be cool to have them setup against the R107's which were a $6K speaker back in the day. It looks like a lot of thought and build quality went into the Ariels and the woofer reminds me of the unit in the R109 Maidstones... on that level I'm sure! :yes:
 
I see some online with "Sale Pending"...that you SimplySound?!

Yep... that be me Hawkeye. Guess we call you that for a reason! ;)

I'm still trying to work a deal. There are a few folks expressing interest, but we'll see where this ends up. If I don't get them it's all good... I have R107's after all! :thmbsp:
 
Suppose to be some slick speakers for sure. I have two sets of the M9s and I ll never let them go. I heard that they are in the same league, some think the 10ts are beyond the M9s and other think they are on par. I've never had a chance to hear, however the M9s are amazing in my book.
 
It's interesting that the need for big power came up in the feedback to the A-gon thread.
I see that Beemer was one of the commenters. He used to come to the AK Frankenfests.
He's the kind of guy who owns those big Infinity speakers and Mac tube amps that weigh in big. He likes the aerials and that says something.
 
If I were shopping with absolutely no $ restraints …. 10T's would be on my short list. I've heard them several times and they always impressed with big sound that is accurate, clean, musical, never offensive but with plenty of bite when the music calls for it (brass, mass strings, synths). Great speaker.
 
If they are in pristine shape, I wouldn't be pinching pennies and lose a great pair of speakers over $300. Especially for what they originally sold for, and how much more they would cost if you built them today. that is not a speaker that is going to show up every month on the used market. And if they are pristine, you could easily put that much cash and more into refurbishing a lesser pair.

Regards
Mister Pig
 
If they are in pristine shape, I wouldn't be pinching pennies and lose a great pair of speakers over $300. Especially for what they originally sold for, and how much more they would cost if you built them today. that is not a speaker that is going to show up every month on the used market. And if they are pristine, you could easily put that much cash and more into refurbishing a lesser pair.

Regards
Mister Pig

You got a point Pig (hope you don't mind me calling you that.... in fact my moniker in the Mt. Bike World is "daGoat" so we have something in common)!

I'm weighing my ability to afford them at this particular moment and the need to go pick them up... which is in the cards for this summer, because I will happen to be vacationing near by!

So in the true spirit of our dear place called "The Karma" I'm following that path of least resistance. The inquiry has been made, the connection established, the expectations presented, and now time will tell. If they stay available for a while I may jump for the asking price, but right now I'm weighing my desire for them against the realities of finances and logistics... :smoke:

Good things come to those who are patient! :thmbsp:
 
You got a point Pig (hope you don't mind me calling you that.... in fact my moniker in the Mt. Bike World is "daGoat" so we have something in common)!

I'm weighing my ability to afford them at this particular moment and the need to go pick them up... which is in the cards for this summer, because I will happen to be vacationing near by!

So in the true spirit of our dear place called "The Karma" I'm following that path of least resistance. The inquiry has been made, the connection established, the expectations presented, and now time will tell. If they stay available for a while I may jump for the asking price, but right now I'm weighing my desire for them against the realities of finances and logistics... :smoke:

Good things come to those who are patient! :thmbsp:

weighing my desire for them against the realities of finances and logistics...

1cf3602b8eb0514aebe22a2e038b3710.jpg


Damn it man, you are not some cold blooded unfeeling Vulcan! To hell with fiscal conservatism and social consciousness! This is Audio Karma man! Go where few Ak'ers have gone before. Bring them trophies home! Obey the AK Prime Directive!

Live Long and Prosper
Mister Pig
 
You got a point Pig (hope you don't mind me calling you that.... in fact my moniker in the Mt. Bike World is "daGoat" so we have something in common)!

I'm weighing my ability to afford them at this particular moment and the need to go pick them up... which is in the cards for this summer, because I will happen to be vacationing near by!

So in the true spirit of our dear place called "The Karma" I'm following that path of least resistance. The inquiry has been made, the connection established, the expectations presented, and now time will tell. If they stay available for a while I may jump for the asking price, but right now I'm weighing my desire for them against the realities of finances and logistics... :smoke:

Good things come to those who are patient! :thmbsp:

I imagine having very fine speakers makes patience easier. :thmbsp:
 
So in the true spirit of our dear place called "The Karma" I'm following that path of least resistance. The inquiry has been made, the connection established, the expectations presented, and now time will tell. If they stay available for a while I may jump for the asking price, but right now I'm weighing my desire for them against the realities of finances and logistics... :smoke:

Good things come to those who are patient! :thmbsp:

This should be on a wallet card that every buyer carries.

:thmbsp:

One of the toughest things to do is transition from emotional buyer to objective buyer. I always remind myself if I am hesitating on a purchase. My mantra is "They made more than one." That repetition has saved me $$$ many, many times.
 
Back
Top Bottom