• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Affordable headphone amp

redeldo

Wayne
Hey everyone. Been a long time since I have posted anything. Have a request/question: I purchased a BackGroove turntable with built-in speakers and preamp, RCA output to speakers, headphone jack on the front. I didn't realize I needed an amp for the headphones but since I get little to no output to the headphones, guess I do need one. My phones are not expensive but sound ok with my poor hearing (

OneOdio Pro-30 Over Ear Headphone, Wired Premium Stereo Sound Headsets with 50mm Driver,)​

My question is what good headphone amp would work for me. I assume it would be RCA from the turntable to the amp, and the amps headphone jack to the headphone itself. I would prefer not to spend mucho bucks for one so my budget would be about $50+/-. Thanks for any suggestions you have.
 
Register to hide this ad
i have a pair Schiit magni heritcs and am quite happy with them
for me there is no reason to look for anything else.
fot one setup i use a modi and a Schiit loki for the laptop and
for my reel to reel i use a Schiit magni heritc and a Schiit lokius
and to me they sound amazing.
i am using two pair of Beyerdynamic dt700's and they all ways
amaze me how open and detailed they are.
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone. Been a long time since I have posted anything. Have a request/question: I purchased a BackGroove turntable with built-in speakers and preamp, RCA output to speakers, headphone jack on the front. I didn't realize I needed an amp for the headphones but since I get little to no output to the headphones, guess I do need one. My phones are not expensive but sound ok with my poor hearing (

OneOdio Pro-30 Over Ear Headphone, Wired Premium Stereo Sound Headsets with 50mm Driver,)​

My question is what good headphone amp would work for me. I assume it would be RCA from the turntable to the amp, and the amps headphone jack to the headphone itself. I would prefer not to spend mucho bucks for one so my budget would be about $50+/-. Thanks for any suggestions you have.
I have a douk audio u3 that's surprisingly good for the money. You would need a separate phono stage to run a turntable though.
617PttbZfbL._AC_SL1200_-2132369369.jpgs-l1600-1819170244.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom