• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

aiwa ad-r40u belts?

gtx580

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just picked up the Aiwa deck,its in nice shape but the belt is shot! I,ve done some surfing and cant find replacement belts..anyone know where I can get a belt for this deck?:scratch2: Thanks ahead of time!
Chuck
 
Register to hide this ad
aiwa ad-r40u belts

I have 2 of these decks, there are two belts, the main drive belt is a FBM 8.6" (you can also use an FBS 8.6), but the medium belt is easier to install. As for the tape counter belt, since I needed other belts for CD players, I ordered an assortment of square belts from the auction site and picked the one that seemed to fit the best. Unfortunately, I neglected to measure the belt.

You can order a set via this link: http://www.vintage-electronics.net/aiwa-ad-r40u-belt-kit.aspx

One interesting note is that if anyone has an Optimus SCT-88 tape deck, it is virtually identical to the AIWA AD-R40U, the only exception being that on the rear panel, the AIWA has an input for an AIWA compatible CD player for synchro-recording. Otherwise they are the same.
 
Back
Top Bottom