• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Aiwa xk009 excelia won't play heyalp!

jammasterj13

Active Member
Howdy folks,

Just purchased a Aiwa XK009 Excelia tape deck for $90.

Everything works apart from the play function.
I can hear a click when I press play, the deck thinks about it and then goes silent.

No idea what the problem could be, but I'm hoping it's something that isn't gonna break the bank.

Would it be the belts or something else?
Also the tape deck has just developed another fault, the cassette draw wont close or open with a tape in it.
The extended transformers on the back, the one marked digital gets warm, the one marked audio stays cold.

Any help is most appreciated.

Good day to y'all.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Hi

Most likely it needs new belts, probably a new idler tyre (or both tyres, as there are two). The draw now would not close with the tape in because the heads are stuck in a wrong position. Don't try to force it - you'll break the mech. It is a nice deck - however it looks like the price was about right :) . Is it from ebay? I thought about bidding for that one and then decided against it as I do have already XK-009 in my collection of 40+ decks. In short - you need to service the deck and hope that there is not much wrong with it beyond the rubber bits.

Cheers

Alex
 
Yep its from Ebay.:D

Was absolutely filthy when I got it. Cleaned it up nice and good and then bhaaam doesn't play.

Anyway it's off to the tech for a service as you advised and I 'ope he can get it working.

This tape obsession is gonna land me in the nuthouse.:tears:

Thanks for the advice folks and the manual
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom