Hi all,
I know little about turntables but I just acquired an AKAI-006 for $5 and figured it would be nice to use. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that the headshell is missing. Does anyone know what model of headshell I could use that would fit this turntable? I'd rather not put much $$ into it and don't care how it looks.
The turntable did come with a Dual DMS 251S cartridge, but the stylus on it is broken. Is this cartridge worth replacing the stylus on or should I get a new cartridge? (budget would be ~$75 max)
Thanks in advance
I know little about turntables but I just acquired an AKAI-006 for $5 and figured it would be nice to use. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that the headshell is missing. Does anyone know what model of headshell I could use that would fit this turntable? I'd rather not put much $$ into it and don't care how it looks.
The turntable did come with a Dual DMS 251S cartridge, but the stylus on it is broken. Is this cartridge worth replacing the stylus on or should I get a new cartridge? (budget would be ~$75 max)
Thanks in advance