• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Akai AA 1030 weak left channel on FM

Losho

New Member
I find this nice piece of vintage receiver. It is serviced, had replaced caps and transistors, in good conditions inside and out. Good sound, but ...(only)if i play FM radio left channel is low volume, had distortion. Could someone help me find the solution of this problem please.
 
Register to hide this ad
I would look to clean and lube all of the controls and switches using a deoxit type spray. I would suspect the mode switch the other pushbutton switches, or the rotary switches. The fact that it sounds fine in FM mono tells me that the main amplifiers are OK. And there isn't a speaker relay to get dirty, so I think the most probable is dirty controls and switches.
 
Concur with Tom B. Start with the Mono/Stereo switch, and the Mode Selector switch. Then do the rest of them on the front panel. If any on the back, (including jumpers, and pull out pin blocks) do them also.
 
Back
Top Bottom