• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Akai AA-1050 vs Akai AM-2400+Akai AT-2400

multirock

Active Member
Hello everyone.
That's my question. I hope some of you, Akai lovers, may help me.
Actually I have a Marantz 1060 amp + Akai AT-2400 tuner set up, and It's ok, but I have the chance to buy a Akai AM-2400 amplifier, or a Akai AA-1050 tuner.
So, which combination do you think could be better? The AM-2400 + AT-2400 or just the AA-1050 tuner? I have read that commonly the amp+tuner combination it's better than a receiver, but maybe in this case the sound quality of the AA-1050 may be better than the AM-2400. What do you think?
Thanks in advance!!
 
Register to hide this ad
I like the Akai technically and the Marantz for looks - but on stored energy and therefore damping factor the Akai will win for me - a bit more capable
 
Back
Top Bottom