• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Akai AP-306 - Problems with arm lift

CopaCabana

New Member
Hello Akai turntable owners (or other):

I have a couple of problems with my recently bought Akai AP-306 turntable.

1. When i lift up the tonearm - the platter starts spinning but sometimes it makes a rattling sound. When I pull the cut lever, the arm returns. Next time I move the arm towards the platter - the sound is gone and the platter spins freely.

2. The arm lifter mechanism is faulty. When i pull the arm lifter lever, the arm is raised by the lifter. But when I pull on the cut lever, or at the end of the record, the arm lifter does not raise the arm and it drags along the record and stops below the tonearms "holder".

Anybody experienced anything like this? - Any advices?

Sorry for my bad english
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello Akai turntable owners (or other):

I have a couple of problems with my recently bought Akai AP-306 turntable.

1. When i lift up the tonearm - the platter starts spinning but sometimes it makes a rattling sound. When I pull the cut lever, the arm returns. Next time I move the arm towards the platter - the sound is gone and the platter spins freely.

2. The arm lifter mechanism is faulty. When i pull the arm lifter lever, the arm is raised by the lifter. But when I pull on the cut lever, or at the end of the record, the arm lifter does not raise the arm and it drags along the record and stops below the tonearms "holder".

Anybody experienced anything like this? - Any advices?

Sorry for my bad english

Old thread I know, but I have a 306 with similar issues. I will be trying to work out a fix too.

First thoughts are that the arm return engages before the arm lift on activation of the cut lever. When the return cycle ends the large gear under the platter ends up rotated a tiny bit too far and the teeth just touch the spindle cog and make noise.

I expect the 2 things are related as in the return cycle is slightly out of sync.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom