• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Akai AT-2650 vs. Onkyo T9

KingJT

Well-Known Member
I’m looking to pair a tuner with an Onkyo A7 I picked up recently.
The T9 is the obvious choice but both these units are available locally and I am wondering how they stack up performance wise.
Visually I think they would both work with the A7.
Price and condition are roughly the same.

Thanks!

mike
 
Register to hide this ad
I own the A-7, the A-10 and two T-9 tuners. All I can say is they look so good together.:beerchug:
I have a T4 sitting on an A5 and will probably stick with an all onkyo stack but was curious about the Akai as I’d never seen one before.
 
I no nothing about the Akai.
But it’s nice to know that you know how sweet they look together. Good luck with your choice.
 
No experience with either, but both were TOTL IIRC, and I do have an Akai AT-2600, the predecessor to the AT-2650 - it's a great tuner!

Can't go wrong with either, but I'm somewhat of a proponent of matching amp/tuner stacks, so I'd be tempted to go T-9 in this case.
 
I have the T-9 matched with the A-10 beautiful together. Great combo. Not a big tuner fan, but this one gets the reception just fine.:music:
 
I have both a recapped A7 integrated amp and an original T9 (lights replaced with LEDs)..they look and work great together. FWIW the A7 sounds much better if you bypass the internal preamp and use a separate pre amp (mine likes my Onkyo 304)
109_1450.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom