• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AKAI AT-V04 Very Nice!

Hello everyone. I have a akai AT-V04 that I have been messing around with for over a year trying to get it to work properly. About five years ago my father decided he did not want his 80's stereo anymore so he gave it to me. At the time I did not have space for it so I put it in storage until about a year and a half ago. Long story short when I turn the tuner on it plays very low sound, turning the amp up to full blast is the only way to hear it and even then it's not the best. I have tried other amps and even took it to a repair shop who can't seem to figure it out.

On the back there is two knobs that you need to adjust with a butter knife or screwdriver this has increased the sound a bit but still not good enough.

I have a second tuner I am using in the meantime until I get this one fixed. Any help would be awesome.
 
Hello everyone. I have a akai AT-V04 that I have been messing around with for over a year trying to get it to work properly. About five years ago my father decided he did not want his 80's stereo anymore so he gave it to me. At the time I did not have space for it so I put it in storage until about a year and a half ago. Long story short when I turn the tuner on it plays very low sound, turning the amp up to full blast is the only way to hear it and even then it's not the best. I have tried other amps and even took it to a repair shop who can't seem to figure it out.

On the back there is two knobs that you need to adjust with a butter knife or screwdriver this has increased the sound a bit but still not good enough.

I have a second tuner I am using in the meantime until I get this one fixed. Any help would be awesome.

Are you in the city or in the country? What are you using as an antenna? Remember, a tuner is no better than its antenna. Have you looked under the hood?

There are two adjustment pots on the back. The left one should be for the muting, and the right one should be the output - try turning it to "max" and tell us what happens...
 
Are you in the city or in the country? What are you using as an antenna? Remember, a tuner is no better than its antenna. Have you looked under the hood?

There are two adjustment pots on the back. The left one should be for the muting, and the right one should be the output - try turning it to "max" and tell us what happens...

I live in the city and have used a few different antennas. It's not a signal issue though. It actually has really good signal and shows the green light with most FM stations

I have turned the adjustments on he back to max already and it did increase the sound a bit but not much.

The sound with my record player / tape player / and CD player all sound way louder than the tuner.
 
Back
Top Bottom