• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AKAI SR-LA201 Speakers

DDGearjammer

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am using a pair of AKAI SR-LA201 speakers currently and I'm going to swap them out for some POLK AUDIO MONITOR 7As.. These AKAI'S sound pretty darn good for a mid-tier entry level set of speakers. They actually sound better than they should, but I've noticed that holds true for a lot of AKAI gear. The low, warm, deep bass sounds fantastic paired with my AKAI AA-1150 receiver and AKAI AP-306 turntable. You can check out my setup on my other threads. Now to what I'm looking for. I'd like to find some grills for these AKAI speakers to have for spares. So, if anyone might have a pair I'd be very interested in buying them... Thanks, David..Screenshot_20261001-132037-757.png
 
Register to hide this ad
You could make grills - they wouldn't have AKAI badges, but the badges might be easier to acquire than the whole grill.
In the meanwhile, I would remove the woofer from the speaker on the left and push out the surrounds. Not only will it look better, but those creases can't be good for the performance, or life, of the surround.
 
Back
Top Bottom