• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AKG K271 MKII Closed Back Studio Monitor Unboxing Video

Register to hide this ad
After a few days of burn-in. I really like the sound. From memory, its as neutral as the K702 that I had. Bass department is a bit on the light side, but it's refined bass. The mids are really really smooth with a bit of sweetness to it, not warm at all. One thing I hope to find is ear pads like the K702. The ear pad on these K271 are too thin for my taste.
 
Sounds just like my 702's. I almost got the 271's for a closed can because many said they were basically the 701/02's only closed, but I wanted to try a different sound signature--not play it safe--so I went with the Beyer 770's which are very different (in good and bad ways imo).

I may get one of these sometime down the road...good price for some good cans it seems.
 
Perhaps these fine pictures I took will push you over to get one. :D

5442940485_029b21ae64_z.jpg


5442941273_67293ec82d_z.jpg
 
Lol, those are nice pics, but being a cheap bastard as well as having closed cans now that I like well enough for "quiet time" and don't listen to that often anyway, I'll probably not be getting any more closed cans for awhile. Especially ones that probably sound very much like some cans I already have (702's).

The next headphones I might purchase would probably be HiFiMAN HE-4's or perhaps Grado RS2i's...but then probably not really any for I'm quite content with my cans for now (and again am a cheap bastard :D).
 
I got a pair of K271s about 3 weeks ago and really enjoy them. I have not tried a critical comparison to my old K240s yet. The 271 only have about 15 hours on them so far, so a little more play time might be in order before making comparisons.
 
Back
Top Bottom