• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Albums you can't stand by your favorite artists

TeeDeeJr

Active Member
Is there any album or piece of work that you can't stand, or dislike, by an otherwise favorite artist or band?

For example, I love Pink Floyd, BUT, I can't watch "The Wall". I've seen it twice, about 15 years apart, and I'm done with it.

I understand that it's an emotional piece of artwork, that Roger Waters feels he had to force on the band, but I can't stand it.

The album has it's high points, but not my favorite Floyd album either.

So what's your "Wall"?:scratch2:


Tyson
 
Register to hide this ad
Van Halen III. Gary whats is name on vocals. Some of Ed's best work, But the vocals, And songs in general as lacking. I pull it out if I want to hear something different from EVH.
 
Van Halen III. Gary whats is name on vocals. Some of Ed's best work, But the vocals, And songs in general as lacking. I pull it out if I want to hear something different from EVH.

Hadn't thought of this one in Years :thumbsdn: Gary Sirone sux.

As for th OP's original question Metallic~Some Kind Of Monster. I have listened to them since the late 70's and this is the first disc by them that I like nothing off of it.
 
Pink Floyd's Masters Of Rock Vol. 1 is completely unlistenable to me. Bought it on vinyl back in 81 or 82, took it home excited as can be, cued it up, WTF is that? This was the exact moment of my rude awakening that Floyd did what I will euphemistically call "English Folk Music" before they got all atmospheric.

Put that album away. Cut to 2001. Found it again while digging through a nearly forgotten box of vinyl. Thought to myself, I wonder if this sucks as much as I remember. Yup. Only album I've owned for over 25 years and played only 1 1/2 times.

PS. I love listening to The Wall, but watch that movie? Feh.
 
I picked up Ani DiFranco's "Up Up Up Up Up Up" and thought it was really good. Unfortunately everything else from her blows.
Tom
 
Pink Floyd's Masters Of Rock Vol. 1 is completely unlistenable to me. Bought it on vinyl back in 81 or 82, took it home excited as can be, cued it up, WTF is that? This was the exact moment of my rude awakening that Floyd did what I will euphemistically call "English Folk Music" before they got all atmospheric.

Put that album away. Cut to 2001. Found it again while digging through a nearly forgotten box of vinyl. Thought to myself, I wonder if this sucks as much as I remember. Yup. Only album I've owned for over 25 years and played only 1 1/2 times.

PS. I love listening to The Wall, but watch that movie? Feh.

I would kill for a nice copy of that. Are you interested in moving it to a more appreciative environment?
 
I almost have to 2nd Boston "Third Stage". It could have been better.

Personally, AC/DC "Blow Up Your Video". Had one minor hit, another OK song, but the rest is cannonfodder.

U2's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb". Again one hit, another song or two that's okay, but the rest is pretentious blender.

R.E.M. "Monster". Same as above. Not their best by a long shot.
 
Heretical speech from a longtime Steely Dan lover...but I have a difficult time getting my ears around "Can't Buy A Thrill." Might be from massive overexposure years ago.
 
albums I dislike

Joe Walsh - Got any Gum - not good
Neil Young - rust never sleeps - just never liked this album
Eric Clapton - Pilgrim - not so good
 
Back
Top Bottom